21.6.10

EASY PEASY DINNER WINNERS #2


Here is my second post containing easy peasy super quick, yet healthy dinners for those week nights when you just need to get something on the table! Nothing fancy here. Please don't think that I am some super - absolutely love to cook, kind of Mum - I am VERY over cooking dinner at the moment! I do it out of necessity. I cook dinner 6 nights a week and on the seventh day I rest - and we do takeaway (or on the very, very odd occasion my husband will be home in time for dinner & he'll cook). So I thought I'd share with you some of the easy things that I have done as a way to get some from you! How do you cope with getting dinner on the table every night? Do you slave away in the kitchen all day cooking gourmet feasts or do you get home from work and whip something out of the freezer? Or something in between?

I got this one from my friend Agatha and it is her husband's recipe. Although it has a long cooking time, it has a very quick preparation time....
JOHN'S CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS

preheat oven to 180 degrees
wash chicken legs (skin on) & put into oven roasting dish
sprinkle with salt, pepper & dried oregano
turn over in dish & sprinkle other side with salt, pepper & dried oregano
Very quick drizzle with olive oil over legs
cook in 180 degree oven for 45mins -1hr
Take out of oven & squeeze lemon juice over legs
serve with plain rice and steamed vegies.

MORE DRUMSTICK IDEAS:
Just as yummy, we have tried - Cornflakes on Chicken Drumsticks or rolling them in flour, egg then breadcrumbs and just serving with some vegies. I often cook this Roast Lemon Chicken (pictured below) as it only has a few ingredients, is quick to prepare and loved by all.


GUEST RECIPE:

GINA'S BROCCOLI PASTA
from Gina at Clutterpunk

Steam broccoli pieces (the more the better) over pasta pot. Meanwhile melt some anchovies in a pan with a good lug of olive oil, add chilli flakes, garlic and lemon zest if you've got it. Chuck the broc in once it's tender and sauté for a bit. When the pasta is done add it in too with some pasta water and/or more olive oil to ensure it's moist. Sprinkle with toasted pinenuts/almond flakes and Parmesan cheese.

Please keep emailing your recipes in and I'll add them in the weeks to come!


3 comments:

Kate said...

Emma!!! I love your Blog! Discovered it today at work and am feeling so inspired and excited to try some different things. Thank you. Please keep finding the time to write. Kate (Lording) xx

Screamstress said...

Yum! I have printed the recipe for the Roast Lemon Chicken because it looks so good! And I love a recipe that you chuck in and leave alone, it also warms the house up - winner!

Frog, Goose and Bear said...

We had "John's Chicken Drumsticks" again tonight - they are soooo yummy and soooo easy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails