16.6.10

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Growing up, our Mum put on the BEST parties around! My 2 sisters & I all had our birthdays within a four week period, so the party time of year was a big one! We always picked a theme and were very involved in our parties' execution. I couldn't help myself but to carry on the legacy when I had children of my own.

My philosophy on the celebrating of birthdays is to make it as fun and magical as possible without spending a fortune! It's one area where I allow myself to indulge and go a little OTT.

So, to indulge my love of parties and because I haven't had a chance to put any of my own parties on this blog yet and because I wanted to join in here and because I wanted to play around more with this mosaic maker, I thought I'd do a snap shot of photos from some of my kid's parties over the last few years.

Goose's 2nd birthday - LADYBUG theme

Goose's 3rd birthday - BEE theme

Goose's 4th birthday - RAINBOW theme

Goose's 5th birthday - UNDERWATER theme

Bear's 2nd birthday - CAR theme


Goose's 6th birthday - PRINCESS party

You can see photos of little Frog's 1st birthday with a PINK theme here.

Now that I have joined the blogging world and found some 'party' blogs - the ideas for parties have kicked up a notch to a whole new level..... and I'll be remembering to take photos of every little detail.
Stay tuned for a 'farm' themed party in August.....
(which I'll blog about in much greater detail).


8 comments:

Tracey said...

wow, looks like you have had lots of fun with your kids parties!

Cat said...

I love your ideas and also how happy your kids look which after all is the main point! :) Looking forward to hearing more about your farm theme! :)

Selina said...

great cakes! I love doing the kids birthday cakes too and there is some really brilliant ideas on the net for kids parties, especially home made ideas that dont cost a fortune.

Giggleberry (Amy) said...

LOVE them all!! I'm the same as you OTT for parties at as little cost as possible!
Blog world is a dangerous and addictive place for party planning lovers like us ;)

Simoney said...

Ooh, yay! I'm so gald you posted this! You ARE a party-mama!!
And you're right, once you start blogging you photograph every little detail!!
Can't wait for the August farm party; the linky will still be open, so you can link it up then! (I'm going to keep it running and put a link in my sidebar)
xx

Gina said...

Looks like you've had years of fun and cake-making practice. Awesome.

jorth said...

Oh my goodness - Grumbles is lucky to get a chocolate cake with some candles plunked into to it! I take my hat off you!

Kim @ Frost Me! said...

very creative! Love your themes!

hugs! Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails