18.4.11

EASY PEASY SALAD WINNER

A well overdue easy peasy dinner winner...

This recipe was given to me by my good friend Bec a couple of years ago. I have named it for her.

I tend to have phases with salads. This is the current fave. This salad has remained the fave for much longer than others because it is just so good! This salad has also become my Mum's current fave also -which is saying a lot because she eats salad as her whole meal almost every night!

Perfect with some fish on Good Friday for those of you who follow that particular Easter tradition.

BEC'S 'BEST EVER' SALAD

700g roasted pumpkin, cubed
some roasted baby beetroot, halved
1 avocado, sliced
punnet of baby tomatoes, halved
1 red onion, sliced
lots of baby spinach leaves*

Dressing
Mix the following ingredients together in a jar with a lid:
1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
1 tbspn fresh mint, finely chopped
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper

*If you are looking particularly close at the photo you'll note that on this particular occasion I mixed the baby spinach with some rocket for something different.


3 comments:

Mañana Mama said...

That looks scrumptious, it's on the to-do menu now! Thanks for the idea,
~M

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Perfect, I am so making that when I get back to Melbourne (hopefully tomorrow) It sounds fab, I adore pumpkin and rocket together, yum! And the dressing sounds scrummy too.

Catherine said...

Mmm that sounds really nice Emma. I really love roasted pumpkin in salads, I should give this one a go I usually stick to the same boring tossed salad and I'm always looking for ideas for dinner. Thank you.:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails