PEA & TUNA TART
1 sheet of Shortcrust pastry*
I cup frozen peas
1&1/2 cups cream
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped mint
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 x 185g can tuna
1.Preheat oven to 190 oC. Line a tart tin or quiche dish with pastry.
2. You can blind bake properly if you know how, or just stab some holes in the bottom with a fork & pop it in the oven for about 10 mins.
3. Put the cream and eggs in a bowl and whisk them together.
4. Add the parmesan, mint, mustard, tuna and peas and give them a quick stir.
5. Pour this mixture onto the pastry and pop it into the oven at 160 oC for half an hour or until set.
6. Cut into wedges and serve with green salad. Serves 6.
This is seriously delicious & the mint and mustard make it a little different to the norm.
I sometimes make this at the same time as an egg & bacon tart (larger version of these, but same recipe) to give a bit of variety.
For more easy recipes you might like to check out my 'Easy Peasy Dinner Winner' Page over here.
* Even more delicious if you make your own pastry, which takes a little longer... Recipe here, but I no longer do this since I broke my food processor on my last attempt!