7.6.11

EASY PEASY DINNER {or lunch} WINNER

PEA & TUNA TART

1 sheet of Shortcrust pastry*
I cup frozen peas
1&1/2 cups cream
3 eggs
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped mint
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 x 185g can tuna

1.Preheat oven to 190 oC. Line a tart tin or quiche dish with pastry.
2. You can blind bake properly if you know how, or just stab some holes in the bottom with a fork & pop it in the oven for about 10 mins.
3. Put the cream and eggs in a bowl and whisk them together.
4. Add the parmesan, mint, mustard, tuna and peas and give them a quick stir.
5. Pour this mixture onto the pastry and pop it into the oven at 160 oC for half an hour or until set.
6. Cut into wedges and serve with green salad. Serves 6.

This is seriously delicious & the mint and mustard make it a little different to the norm.
I sometimes make this at the same time as an egg & bacon tart (larger version of these, but same recipe) to give a bit of variety.

For more easy recipes you might like to check out my 'Easy Peasy Dinner Winner' Page over here.




* Even more delicious if you make your own pastry, which takes a little longer... Recipe here, but I no longer do this since I broke my food processor on my last attempt!

9 comments:

Sannah said...

I am SO impressed that your children eat this! Mine won't touch tuna. Or peas for that matter. Or eggy things. Hmmm... Might be a struggle trying to sell this one to them :-)

Catherine said...

I really like the sound of this, yummo. Now if I can convince my husband and one daughter to eat tuna! I'll save it for a night when it's just me and the big girl. Thanks for the recipe. xo

Maxabella said...

Nice one, Em. But it has 'green bits' in it so I would have Buckley's of seeing crumbs on this one. But for me... oh yes! x

deux chiens et un garcon said...

I think I will give this a whirl. My little one is ball obsessed, so all little round food seems to get eaten. Love peas and mint. Yum.

little nite owl said...

Sounds so yum! Will definitely keep that on the "To Cook List".

I've recently posted a recipe for (Asian style) Pan Fried Barramundi with pesto covered Roasted Vegetables.

http://littleniteowl.blogspot.com

x
Jamie

Giuli said...

Delicious!! I will try to make it this week end! Thank you for sharing!
Giuli in Italy

Sarah said...

If I could deconstruct this and toss it through pasta, it might get eaten by my fussy girl. It looks seriously yummy for everyone else in the family though. The egg and bacon version might fly... hmm. Bookmarking as we speak Emma!

Annabella said...

I just found your blog properly although I think I have come across you on Wordless Wednesday. Oh I love your blog - your recipes are amazing (I love the look of the tuna and mint tart and will be making it tomorrow) as is your photography. I thought at first that your `winners` must have been from a linky up but they must all be yours which is fantastic. Have you ever thought of a monthly link up for recipes with a theme given - best easy salad etc.,? Perhaps it is already done! Anyway, glad I have found you. Your children are adorable.

Senka I said...

Hi,
We’ve recently launched the website Everyrecipe.com.au. It’s a search engine that aims to gather all the best recipes from Australian websites and blogs. We’ve noticed that you have a lot of great looking recipes on your blog that we would love to feature on our site. To read more about how it all works and to sign up with your blog, please visit: http://everyrecipe.com.au or send us an email on info@everyrecipe.com.au. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Senka

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails