14.5.11

THIS SATURDAY I'M GRATEFUL...

- for the fun times had last weekend at 'cousin camp'. Country mountain air is just so good for the soul. I'll never be able to shake my country roots. 5 acres, beautiful views, great company... not to mention a huge bonfire, billy carts, a tree swing, deliciously hearty food prepared by others and best of all - plenty of willing & capable babysitters!

- that one of those cousins took some gorgeous photos of my kids with their fancy camera!

- for my Mum & 2 sisters & my gorgeous husband who give up their time & are so invaluable to me in keeping afloat in the overwhelming chaos that I seem to find myself in quite a bit these days. You've been particularly helpful in the past week. Thanks!

- that today I have a small chance to breathe & catch up.

- that once again Goose was very understanding when the tooth fairy was her usual ditzy self! She has been a day late a number of times before, but this time she actually got it right, left some coins, left a note in reply to hers, ate the chocolates and sprinkles left behind, but ..... somehow forgot to collect the actual tooth....

- that none of you are going to mind that this blog post is a couple of days late... it's been a busy week/weekend (as per usual!!) and blogger was down for a couple of days...

I find it healthy to try and find things to be grateful for, a "glass half full"/polyanna look at life. For other 'grateful' posts that I've written, you can head over here.

...for others 'grateful' lists, you can head over here. While there you might like to read her advice on juggling too many motherhood balls, I think I need to read it very carefully...

What are you grateful for?

6 comments:

deux chiens et un garcon said...

So nice ot read your post. Country times with bonfire and the views and perspective sounds wonderful.

Have a lovely week

jill x

ZippyZippy said...

Sounds like a lovely time, I love that last shot.
Have a great week Emma, and thanks for the link at the end :)
Jacqueline

Mama Pea Pod said...

Looks like a lovely family weekend outdoors, Emma! What a sweet family you have!

Susannah said...

I am grateful for new friends whose creativity I find inspiring!

Mañana Mama said...

Nothing beats a breather in the country, surrounded by the love of family :)

Catherine said...

Ahh a weekend in the country sounds perfect Emma. Those photos are just beautiful too. Have a great week and as long as that money eventually comes the tooth fairy is always forgiven:) xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails