21.3.12

CLAY NECKLACES

This year, I am once again co-ordinating the craft activities for my MOPS* group.  Once a fortnight I need to come up with a 30 minute craft for a group of gorgeous women.  Some are seasoned crafters and others are new to expressing their creative side.  I love the challenge!  I'm really excited about the fun crafts we'll be making this year.


One of the crafts that we've done already this year is to make clay necklaces.**
You might remember the clay decos that Goose & I made at Christmas time.  Same concept.  Oven baked clay imprinted with leaves.


We also made some with newspaper imprints.  If you want to give this a go, remember that the image comes out in reverse.  The one attached to the necklace on the picture below is from a picture of a tomato plant from a Bunnings ad.


We attached them at the back, by first of all putting a dob of hot glue onto a small split ring and then attaching this onto the back of the cooked clay with superglue. We then slid it onto the wire necklace.  It also means that the clay images are also interchangeable.  


Oven baked clay comes in all different colours, so the possibilities are endless.
I've been loving working with this simple and easy to use clay lately. The kids really enjoy playing with it too and making their own creations. 


Sage & Daisy leaves were my faves.


I'm keen to try making some small bowls like this & this.  
Have you used clay before?  What have you made?

I've been collecting simple craft ideas on my pinterest page.  If you have any ideas for me - I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Joining in with our creative spaces once again.



There are MOPS groups all over the world.  MOPS is short for 'Mothers of Preschoolers' and according to our facebook page - MOPS offers a caring & accepting atmosphere where Mums have an opportunity to share concerns, make friends, explore areas of creativity and learn.  We have some really worthwhile speakers & discussions.
** Thanks Claire & Candy for the inspiration!  & thanks Claire for making 30 of those split ring/hot glue combos!

12 comments:

Jane said...

They are brilliant, Em! You should *so* open an Etsy store, Lovely. J x

Catherine said...

I love how you used the plants to get a pattern, especially the sage, I love the texture it left behind. I went to MOPS a couple of times with one of my good friends, it's a great way for Mums to get together and have a chat and get out of the house. xx

ally said...

ooooh - the sage ones are so pretty
clever you
I keep meaning to try clay....

Maxabella said...

These are so lovely - really my thing. I am going to have a go. x

LionessLady said...

I looove the sage one! Gorgeous, simple idea Emma!

Kirsty @ Bowerbird Blue said...

awesomeness. We've got some air dry clay we might try them with.

Jacqueline said...

The sage is my favourite Emma, I think I need to get my hands on some clay :) But I probably said that after you xmas decoration ones too. Well, I will put it on the list, thats a start

CC said...

Love the necklaces, especially the sage. Silly question for you - where do you buy clay?

Belinda @ Wild Acre said...

Whooaah, I absolutely love these! I am trying to create similar effects by rolling leaves into silver through a rolling mill - slightly nervewracking! Belinda

MissRosanna said...

They're beautiful Emma - I love the leaves...I'd buy one if you were selling!

Miss R xxx

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

They are all stunning, Emma. I especially love the sage leaves, they are so lovely. I really must find me some of this oven baked clay in Honkers now.......

Veronica said...

love these. what a brilliant idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails