4.4.12

And even more easter eggs...

It's become a tradition over the last four years for us to make these cute little birds nests each Easter. 
They are lots of fun & easy for kids to make. 



For the recipe head over to last year's post.


I gave Red Tulip's 'Birds Eggs' a try this year, as well as the usual jelly beans.  I think they look rather cute and they taste delicious!!  They'd look great with Cadbury's Mini Eggs too.  Here's a tutorial on how to make larger easter nest baskets using small foil wrapped eggs.


They make for another cute little easter gift too.  
However, I must warn you that they are made with peanut butter, so you'd have to make sure that the gift recipient had no allergies.  For this reason I had a try this year at making some with gluten free noodles & a peanut butter substitute.  Unfortunately it just tasted awful - sorry!  

If you're looking for more simple & easy recipes, that look great without much effort, then you might like to check out FGB's easy peasy recipes page.  Or for more Easter crafts, FGB's kids crafts page.


5 comments:

CC said...

The nests look very cute, especially with the little eggs. We used to make the chocolate spiders as kids. It seems like a looong time ago now.

Brenda @ Mira Narnie said...

They look super cute Em!!!! Love them xx

Dee said...

You've done it again ! These are great, and I loved them so much, I made some tonight.
Thanks for stopping by my blog - you are right, laughter is the very best medicine and at the moment I am soaking it all up.
Enjoy your Easter break, Dee x

Mama of 2 boys said...

Oh they're gorgeous Emma! I have to get myself into gear, I am going to make some handmade choccies before Easter too. Such a fun time xo

Catherine said...

That's a really cute idea Emma wrapping them up and giving as a little gift. This would be nice to give to classmates too. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails