In the weeks after my recent op, I had many friends drop around with meals and goodies with I was extreeeeeeeemely grateful for! The biggest surprise winner for my kids were some muffins made by my friend Anna. I mean, they had green stuff in them and hers had three times more and in much larger pieces than mine in the pic above! They chose them over her delicious handmade sausage rolls and had a couple each!
SPINACH CHEESE & CORN MUFFINS
2 cups SR flour
1 can of corn kernels
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/4 cup of chopped chives
2 cups of roughly chopped spinach
1 cup milk
80g melted butter
2 tbs polenta
1. Turn oven on to 200 degrees celcius.
2. Grease 12 cup capacity muffin tin. Or just use muffin cases.
3. Combine flour, corn, cheese, flour & spinach in a mixing bowl and make a well in the middle.
4. Combine milk, eggs & butter in a jug and pour into the well. Using a wooden spoon, mix together until just combined. Try not to overmix (difficult with kids involved!)
5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins and sprinkle with polenta. (The kids love this bit).
6. Pop in the oven for 20-25 mins.
They are particularly delicious fresh out of the oven with lots of butter!
Just like these, these & these lunchtime winners, they freeze well and are great to bring out and reheat when needing a yummy lunch or snack.
We have made them a few times since and they are still a hit.
I always have lots of eager & adorable helpers in the kitchen.
Can't seem to get away with cooking on my own. Is it the same at your house?
For more easy peasy recipes, head over here.